- Effective Presentations Skills Training
- Individual Presentation Coaching Course
- Sales & Marketing Presentations Training
- Media Interaction and Presentations Seminar
- Presentation Reinforcement Through Visual Aids
- The Executive Presenter
- Complex Presentation Skills Classes
Media Interaction and Presentations Seminar for Crisis Communication
today’s connected and fast-paced world, the media plays
a vital role in disseminating information to news-hungry
audiences across the globe. Over the past three decades,
the public has become exposed to a dizzying array of
news sources. From the twenty-four hour cable news
channels like CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. The increased
role the Internet plays via varying news and blog sites
as varied as Salon.com to the Drudge Report. You could
say that today’s media is more powerful as it has ever
Given the stark reality of the media’s power, it is imperative that those who must deal with the media have a clear understanding during a crisis of (1) what is of interest to the media, (2) what they expect of those who provide them information and (3) those “hot buttons” that they consider.
If the media doesn’t feel that an individual is credible, is hiding information or is being blatantly dishonest, the repercussions can be disastrous for an organization. Crisis Media Interaction and Crises Communication Presentation Skills provides a two-day session designed to focus on those areas of most importance when dealing with the media during a crisis.
From learning how to put in place crisis management training courses to handling media statements to how to deal with question and answers during a crisis related press conference or a presentation. Our national award winning (Gershwin Award, Rockefeller International, Christopher Award) effective crisis communication class has helped corporations, non-profit organizations and government entities communicate more effectively with the media through our crisis management and communications training seminars. Designed as an interactive session, Media Interaction and Presentation Skills provides a safe and non-threatening environment in which to practice the skills we teach. While multiple simulation sessions are designed to simulate the pressures and difficulties faced when dealing with the media, all exercises are designed to build up rather than break down participants. The goal is to help each person walk out of the classroom not only knowing how to handle the media and press but “feeling” good about their experience and knowing that they are well-prepared in their ability to perform their valuable role.
Class Size: Up to 6 participants
Class Length: Two Days
Instructors: Two Senior Presentations Training Center instructors
Availability: Available as an on-site workshop
Skills Learned: Media Interaction and Presentation Skills is a two-day skills-based workshop. By attending this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Recognize those issues of most importance to the media and handle them effectively while on camera and during face to face interviews
- Understand what character traits convey the greatest amount of credibility and be able to effectively portray them
- Meet their own personal needs during verbal communication
- Manage their own personal anxiety that naturally occurs when speaking publicly
- Enhance personal delivery in vocal, verbal and visual areas
- Handle question and answer sessions in press conferences or media events
- Avoid allowing conflict to build up and derail discussions with the media
- Use presentations tools to reinforce communication
- Project control and confidence when presenting to the media
- Overcome negative or distracting mannerisms
- Build a media statement that meets the media’s needs
- Implement persuasive communication techniques
For more info on our presentations skills training, please contact us.
Although challenging and a bit painful at times, in the end it was very rewarding and will be a definite benefit in my life and the presenters are top notch!"
Senior Designer - Structural